Free Application Week 2017
Minnesota West will be participating in College Knowledge Month by waiving our application fee from October 23-27, 2017.
College Knowledge Month's goal is to provide every graduating high school senior with the preparation, opportunity, and support needed to apply to college. This statewide effort has occurred annually during the month of October since 2011.
This month-long effort allows students to do more than just submit a college application. Within this time frame, students can participate in the college exploration and planning process at their own pace -- and schools can align this initiative with the many college exploration activities that are already taking place during the fall.
College Knowledge Month aims to:
- Help schools establish and/or build upon a culture of college-readiness.
- Communicate to all students the importance of preparing for and applying to college.
- Engage and inform underrepresented students (first-generation college students, students of color, and low-income students) about postsecondary opportunities, culminating in the application process.
- Provide a statewide message and excitement about exploring and planning for college.
- Increase the number of Minnesota seniors who complete the college admissions process.
Read more about College Knowledge Month.
Complete your application to Minnesota West FREE during the week of October 23-27.