Minnesota West Policies
Chapter 7 - Finance
7.6.1 Service and Repair
The Minnesota West Transportation Department utilizes customer vehicles for instructional purposes in the Auto Body, Auto Service Technician, and Diesel Powered Equipment programs.
- All repairs are done by students under the supervision of instructors.
- Minnesota West makes no warranty, either express or implied, as to merchantability or as to the fitness of the work and parts for a particular purpose, for which warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- An estimate for the cost and the time for repair will be given when the vehicle is brought in. All estimates that exceed $100 will require a 50% deposit before the work will be performed. The owner will be notified prior to work being completed if the actual cost will exceed the estimate.
- Vehicles will be released after full payment has been received. Payment must be made to the Student Payment office, and proof of payment must be submitted to the instructor.
- Minnesota West will not be held responsible for loss due to theft, fire, or vandalism that may occur while the vehicle is at the college.
Aproved by: Ron Wood, President
Date: July 1, 2003
History & Revision: