Minnesota West Policies
Chapter 5 - Administration
In keeping with the mission of Minnesota West and to maintain a campus climate conducive to learning, vendors and other commercial entities requests to solicit will be based on established criteria. This policy applies to all Minnesota West campuses.
The college shall make its decision to allow vendors based on one or more of the following criteria:
- The presentation or display is supported by student activities.
- Special events sponsored by the college.
- The presentation does not promote illegal, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading products or activities, or products which may endanger students, health, safety, and physical well-being.
- The vendors are sponsored by a campus club or organization.
- The vendors presentation has a direct benefit to the student body (Colleges and universities for transfer, potential career employers, social agencies, etc.).
- Others whose services may be deemed beneficial to the student body and are authorized by the Campus Administrator.
Vendors are limited to the following areas:
- Student Lounge
- Faculty/Staff Lounge
- Conference Room
- Classrooms, library, and other areas are off-limits, unless authorized by the Campus Administrator having jurisdiction over the class. Use of loudspeakers or boisterous noises are not allowed when it will disrupt students. Vendors must provide proof of insurance when the request for space is filed.
Vendors and others who wish to access space for commercial reasons must adhere to the following procedures:
- A request for use of the space must be filed with the Campus Administrator.
- A required fee of $25 per hour must be paid, or a letter for exemption must be filed.
- All requests must be filed 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- No refunds of fees will be made unless the space reservation is cancelled at least five business days before the date of the event.
- Vendors must display an appropriate college permit.
Exemptions may be granted to government and social agencies as a reciprocity, when they seek to acquaint students with their services. Exemptions may also be granted when an organization recognized by the Student Senate wants to use the event as a fund-raising activity, the vendor is part of an event leasing the building, or when the vendor provides a special service to students.
Approved by: Ron Wood, President
Date: July 1, 2003
History & Revision: