Minnesota West Policies
Chapter 3 - Educational
3.23 Military Training
Procedure 3.23 Military Training
- The student requests an official military transcript through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) system or the Community College of the Air Force be sent to Minnesota West Community and Technical College.
- The student’s declared degree goal will be used as the transfer evaluation base. If the student changes his/her degree goal, the student is responsible for seeking information on the application of credits toward the new degree goal.
- The student should make an appointment with the program advisor.
- A copy of the official transcript should be present when meeting with the program advisor.
- The student’s assigned program advisor will review any technical credits to ascertain their validity within the student’s major study.
- If the transcript contains general education courses, the Campus Resource Specialist will forward a copy of the official transcript to the College Registrar for review. The College Registrar will verify applicability of transfer credits and respond back to the Campus Resource Specialist.
- Military credits will be recorded on a transcript once the student has completed 12 credits at Minnesota West.
Revised date: April 4, 2014