Minnesota West Policies
Chapter 6 - Facilities
6.4 Facility Use
To establish guidelines for the use of college facilities by community based groups and state agencies.
Minnesota West Community & Technical College welcomes community based groups and others to use our campus facilities. The following guidelines, rules and fees are established to help coordinate this effort so that we can continue to meet the needs of our primary mission to our students faculty and staff as well as our constituents in the community.
The Campus Administrator or his/her designee shall serve as the Facility Use Coordinator, and has the authority to grant a waiver of fees when circumstances warrant this action so long as this does not place the college at risk.
- All college facility use shall be scheduled through the Facility Use Coordinator. Sponsors (users) shall complete and submit an application for Facility Use Form. Information from this form will be used to complete the required MnSCU occupancy agreement, which can be found at http://finance.mnscu.edu/contracts-purchasing/contracts/forms/index.html.
- When approved, one copy of the signed form and agreement will be returned to the sponsor. Any modifications involved in meeting their request will be noted on the form.
- Applicant must notify the college at least 24 hours in advance of cancellation of any meeting.
- Upon request, applicant must provide a certificate of insurance prior to the use of the facility. The amount of insurance is required by the state of Minnesota and is detailed in the Occupancy agreement.
- An approved college employee is required to be on duty whenever any group or organization is using the facility.
- Minnesota West classes will have first priority of use followed by Minnesota West sponsored or co-sponsored events.
- The applicant is responsible for the preservation of order during the use of the facility.
- The event shall be in keeping with the overall educational objectives of MnSCU. And, shall not be in violation of any laws, rules or regulations of the state of Minnesota or the federal government. Including but not limited to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and Civil Rights Acts.
- The event shall in no way obstruct, hamper or endanger the normal function and purpose of the college.
- College personnel shall have sole responsibility for college keys, computer technology, Theater lighting controls and athletic score keeping equipment.
- Applicants will be responsible to turn out lights and leave facilities in the same condition as found unless other arrangements are made in advance and noted on the Facility Use Request.
- Applicant is responsible for any extra expenses incurred by the college (property damage, overtime if the event goes longer than planned or for unplanned clean-up following the event).
- Applicants charging admission will be responsible for collecting, reporting and transmitting required taxes. In addition, All organizations charging an admission fee shall be charged the standard facility use fees as specified in the attached list of fees.
- All Minnesota West facilities are smoke free and alcohol free buildings. Food and Beverages are allowed only in approved areas as designated by each campus and detailed on the Occupancy Agreement form.
- Any exceptions to the above stated guidelines of facility use require the signature of the Campus Administrator.
All inquiries regarding the use of Minnesota West Community & Technical College facilities should be directed to the Campus Administrator or the Facility Use Coordinator at each campus.
Minnesota West reserves the right to revoke an approved application at any time if the above specified guidelines are found to be violated.
Facility Use Rates: Facility Use Rates
Required Forms: Facility Use Request
Approved by: Ron Wood, President
Date: July 1, 2003
History & Revision: Feb. 1, 2008, September 9, 2011