Business - Pre-Business Preparation, A.A.
|Locations: Worthington.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
The Associate in Arts degree is a liberal arts transfer degree. While an A.A. degree might include a core of courses appropriate to a major field at the baccalaureate level, its focus is on general education or the first two years of a four-year preparation.
To complete the degree students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a minimum of 64 credits of which at least 15 must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- A minimum of 40 credits of General education. This fulfills the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Area 1: Communications
Area 2: Critical Thinking
Area 3: Natural Science
Area 4: Mathematical/Logical Reasoning - MATH 1111 College Algebra is the required math class.
Area 5: History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences - ECON 2201 Macroeconomics and either Psychology or Sociology
Area 6: The Humanities and Fine Arts
Area 7: Human Diversity
Area 8: Global Perspective
Area 9: Ethical and Civic Responsibility
Area 10: People and the Environment
- 18 credits selected from the table below
- STSK 1110 Freshman Seminar (1) credit is required.
- Fulfill a minimum of 4 credits from two of the three areas. HLTH 1101, CSCI 1102 , or any Physical Education course.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Principles of Accounting I||4|
|Principles of Accounting II||4|
|Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Introduction to Probability & Statistics||4|
|Elective in business chosen from the following:||3-4|
|Introduction to Business||4|
|Principles of Management||3|
|Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUS 2241||Business Law||3|
|BUS 2242||Business Communications||3|
Notes: World Language (Students who did not take two years of a world language in high school may need one year of college credits in a language to meet state university preparation requirements.
Updated: si 6/30/15