search search close close

Registration & Records

Transcript Request

Unofficial Transcripts

An unofficial transcript
is a record of your Minnesota West enrollment, grades, credits earned, and your grade point average. You will need a copy for degree planning purposes. It is always a good idea to retain a copy for your personal files. A copy of your unofficial transcript is available from your e-Services student account.

  • If you attended any of our five campuses prior to 1990, please contact that campus for a copy of your unofficial transcript.

Official Transcripts
Students who plan to have a transcript sent to an institution that is part of Minnesota State colleges and universities system do not need to complete a transcript request. All Minnesota State colleges and universities are able to access a student's Minnesota West transcript electronically. If you attended the Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson or Pipestone campus prior to 1990, you must order a transcript because other Minnesota State schools cannot access an electronic transcript. 

  • Important Note: You must contact the Registrar's Office at the other Minnesota State school and ask them to pull an etranscript for you. The other college will not pull in your transfer credits without contact from you.

You can request your official transcripts in one of the following ways:

  1. Order it online through the National Student Clearinghouse.  Minnesota West has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide students with the option of ordering a transcript online for $5.00 per transcript. You will create a personal profile, sign the order consent form online, submit the request, and pay by credit card. Minnesota West will then process the transcript request. Ordering transcripts online allows students to track the progress of their requests.

  2. Print and complete the Transcript Request form. Submit it to the college in person or by mail with a check or money order in the amount of $10.00 per transcript ordered, payable to Minnesota West Community & Technical College.

  3. Submit a letter of request to the College with the following information:
    • The date of your request.
    • Your name (including any other names or spellings of your name that you used at Minnesota West).
    • Your Student ID number or Social Security number.
    • Your address and telephone number.
    • Complete address(es) where each copy of the transcript is to be sent.
    • The campus you attended and approximate dates of attendance.
    • Your signature.
    • Check or money order for $10.00 per transcript ordered, payable to Minnesota West Community & Technical College.

Mail transcript request form or letter to:
Minnesota West Community & Technical College
1450 Collegeway
Worthington, MN  56187


  • Official transcripts are those printed with the college seal, have the signature of the Registrar, and are issued in a sealed envelope. Some institutions will not accept a hand-delivered transcript as official; instead, it must be mailed directly from Minnesota West. Check the policy of the receiving institution before you decide to hand-deliver your transcript.
  • You will need an official transcript if you are planning to transfer your classes to another college or when you apply for a scholarship or a job, or if you are registering with a state examination board. The requestor will tell you if the transcript must be official.
  • Requests will not be honored for students with any overdue financial obligations to the College.