Student Employment - Work Study
Minnesota West has student employment positions available on each campus and center location. Jobs available include working in the LARC, office/clerical work, maintenance, computer lab, technical program assistance, athletic department, faculty assistants, etc. We also offer off-campus positions working for non-profit organizations.
To apply for work study, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and indicate an interest in work study funding. If work study is listed on your Award Letter, you are eligible to apply for a position. It does not guarantee that you will find a job or be able to earn the whole amount. If work study is not listed on your Award Letter, you may still be eligible. Contact a Resource Specialist or the Communication Center to find out if you qualify.
Eligibility Requirements: Students must have a financial need based on FAFSA data and be enrolled in at least 6 credits at Minnesota West.
Wage Rate: As of July 1, 2015, the rate is $9.50 per hour. Students cannot work during regularly scheduled classes.
Timesheets: Every other Wednesday by 2:00 p.m., timesheets must be submitted via e-Services in order to be processed timely. Students are paid bi-weekly via direct deposit.
- Print the payroll forms below:
- Student employment - workstudy positions are listed on the website. It is your responsibility to contact the supervisor and set up an appointment to apply for the work study position of your choice.
- Contact the supervisor to inquire and interview for the work study position.
- When you have been offered employment, you must meet with your supervisor to determine your work
schedule and sign the Work Study Contract.
- Bring the Work Study Contract and two forms of identification with you, such as a Driver’s License and Social Security Card, to your campus and meet with the Resource Specialist to complete your payroll forms (I-9 and W-4). You cannot begin work until the payroll forms have been completed.
- Sign up for direct-deposit on your student account. You can print a copy of the payroll calendar for your records. Your supervisor will have a timesheet for you document your hours worked. Remember…you cannot work during regularly scheduled class time.
For questions or concerns regarding your work study award or your job assignment, please contact a Resource Specialist or the Communication Center at 800-658-2330.