search search close close


Transfer Services:  Transfer from Minnesota West

Professional and pre-professional coursework is designed for transfer to four year colleges and universities. Students who earn the Associate of Arts degree from Minnesota West have completed the requirements for the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum. The Associate of Science degree is designed to transfer to a baccalaureate major in a related scientific or technical field, or may be designed for employment. Students planning to transfer and who have made the proper selection of course work, and maintained grades of "C" or better, may expect to transfer without loss of credit.

Career coursework is designed to provide training for employment in technical and semi-professional job situations. Students earn the Associate of Applied Science, a Diploma or a Certificate in career programs. The number of credits allowed in transfer will depend on the program of study, grades earned in the coursework, and the college to which the student is transferring. The receiving institution will determine which credits they will allow to transfer.

Articulation agreements facilitate credit transfer and provide a smooth transition from one related degree program to another. Minnesota West has formed articulation agreements with a number of public and private institutions of higher learning in Minnesota and South Dakota to assist students with their transfer goals.

If you are planning to transfer to another institution from Minnesota West, it is important that you review the following:

  • Transfer Preparation for basic information on transferring.

  • Minnesota General Education Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) is a collaborative effort among Minnesota's colleges and universities to help students transfer their general education courses between colleges. Minnesota West has approved the courses that fulfill the transfer curriculum listed under each goal area of the MnTC.

  • Minnesota Transfer enables students, transfer specialists and educators to access transfer information for regional, public, private and out-of-state colleges and universities.

  • Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) helps you monitor your progress toward a degree or program completion.

  • Transferology (previously provides dynamic Course Equivalency Tables displaying which Minnesota West courses are accepted by other Minnesota Colleges.


Contact one of our transfer specialists or contact a transfer specialist at the college/university where you wish to transfer in order to find out about your desired program of study/major.