search search close close

Registration & Records

Veterans' Services

Minnesota West is approved by the Minnesota State Approving Agency for Veteran Education Benefits. Applications for veteran educational benefits may be obtained by contacting the registration staff on your campus.

Tuition and Fees
Per Minnesota West Policy 2.2 State Residency, current and former members of the U. S. military, their spouses, and dependent children will be charged the resident tuition rate.

Helpful Websites for Veterans

American Council on Education (ACE) provides information on how military courses may transfer to a college.

Department of Veteran Affairs
has information on the various programs and payment rates, plus an electronic application for benefits.  

eBenefits: My Gateway to Benefit Information has a link to apply online for benefits, search for school and careers, access medical benefits, and a Veterans Employment Center.

Minnesota Transfer and Military Credit Transfer provides additional links.
is a website created by the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs and Minnesota Online to serve the unique higher education needs of veterans, military members and their families.

Financial Assistance for Your College Education

SW Minnesota Private Industry Council/Partner (PIC) in the Workforce Center is providing a full range of services for returning veterans including college education funding.

For information contact the PIC office nearest you:

Fairmont Office - 888-438-5627
Marshall Office  - 800-818-9295
Worthington Office  - 888-234-3708

Minnesota West Certifying Officer

Barb Staples
Student Services Specialist, Registration
Veterans Certifying Officer

Veterans' Service Contact Information

Justin Guggisberg
Regional Veterans Service Coordinator for Higher Education Programs, Southwest Minnesota

Veteran’s Administration
1 Federal Drive, Fort Snelling
St. Paul, Minnesota