Minnesota West Policies
Chapter 6 - Facilities
6.4 Facility Use
To establish guidelines for the use of college facilities by community based groups and other governmental agencies.
Minnesota West Community & Technical College (Minnesota West) welcomes community based groups and others to use our campus facilities. The following guidelines, rules and fees are established to help coordinate this effort so that we can continue to meet the needs of our primary mission to our students, faculty and staff as well as our constituents in the community.
The Campus Dean or his/her designee shall serve as the Facility Use Coordinator.
- All college facility use shall be scheduled through the Facility Use Coordinator.
- Minnesota West reserves the right to reject room requests if they are determined to be inconsistent with its mission, vision and values.
- All Minnesota West facilities are smoke free and alcohol free.
- Food and Beverages are allowed only in approved areas as designated by each campus.
- Minnesota West classes and sponsored or co-sponsored events will be given priority when scheduling other facilities use requests.
- An approved college employee is required to be on duty whenever any group or organization is using the facility.
- No event shall in any way obstruct, hamper or endanger the normal function and purpose of the college.
- All user groups must reserve a room commensurate with the number of participants.
- Internal users shall submit requests using virtual EMS.
- All other users should contact the facility use coordinator or designee.
- Requests must be received at least two weeks in advance for use outside of the 8:00 until 5:00 Monday through Friday timeframe and/or for use of specialty spaces.
- When approved, one copy of the signed contract will be returned to the sponsor. Any modifications involved in meeting their request will be noted.
- All users groups must provide proof of insurance per MnSCU policy at time of reservation. The amount of insurance is required by the state of Minnesota and is detailed in the Occupancy agreement.
- The applicant is responsible for the preservation of order during the use of the facility.
- Notice of cancellation must be provided to the college at least 24 hours in advance.
- Applicants will be responsible to turn out lights and leave facilities in the same condition as found.
- Groups in excess of 100 may require additional clean up time at a rate of $20 per hour.
- Users will be assessed a $100 charge for additional garbage pick-up, if warranted.
- Any exceptions to the above stated guidelines of facility use require the signature of the Campus Dean.
All inquiries regarding the use of Minnesota West Community & Technical College facilities should be directed to the Campus Dean or the Facility Use Coordinator at each campus.
Minnesota West reserves the right to revoke an approved application at any time if the above specified guidelines are found to be violated.
Facility Use Rates: Facility Use Rates
Approved by: Ron Wood, President
Date: July 1, 2003
History & Revision: Feb. 1, 2008, September 9, 2011, May 2016