Fluid Power Technology, A.A.S.
|Locations: Granite Falls.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
Program video tour
Fluid power is the technology of generating, controlling, and applying smooth, effective power of pumped or compressed fluid, either a liquid (hydraulics) or air (pneumatics) to push, pull, rotate, regulate, or drive virtually all of the mechanisms of modern industry.
Fluid Power Technicians perform such tasks as:
- Designing fluid power systems.
- Installing fluid power systems and components, such as pumps, motors, compressors, valves, cylinders, and accessories.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining fluid power systems on such equipment as industrial machines, construction and agricultural machines, airplanes, ships, over-the-road vehicles and material handling devices.
- Testing and manufacturing fluid power systems and components.
- Conducting research on new concepts, applications, and improvements of fluid power systems.
- Manufacturing components and systems.
- Marketing and selling fluid power systems, working closely with customers of fluid power manufacturers and distributors.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Fall - Year 1|
|Electrical Theory I/Lab||3|
|Fluid Power Hydraulic Lab||3|
|Fluid Power Calculations||2|
|Credits Fall - Year 1||14|
|Spring - Year 1|
|Electrical Theory II||2|
|Fluid Power Lab II||3|
|Credits Spring - Year 1||10|
|Fall - Year 2|
|Advanced Systems Calculations||3|
|Advanced system Lab I||4|
|Circuit Design and Control Theory||3|
|Programmable Logic Controls||3|
|Credits Fall - Year 2||13|
|Spring - Year 2|
|Advanced Systems Lab II||4|
|Proportional and Servo Control Theory||2|
|Second Year Technical Projects||2|
|Credits Spring - Year 2||12|
Updated: si 7/13/09