Computer Web Development, A.S.
|Locations: Worthington.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
The completion of the Web Development Science A.S. Degree prepares the student for the evolving Internet business settings including manufacturing, data processing, software development, banking, financing, insurance companies, government agencies, colleges, and universities. Unique legal, hardware/software, security, financial and risk issues related to promoting an Internet presence are integrated with case studies designed to demonstrate the intricacies of related programming solutions. To complete the degree, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of 60 credits of which at least 15 must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- Computer Division Requirements: 9 credits
- A minimum of 24 credits from the four general education categories listed below:
- Fulfill at least a 30 credit core of technical courses. NOTE: 3 credits from Item #3. CSCI 1102 required, and additional 27 credits from the table below.
- World Language - Students who did not take two years of a world language in high school may need one year of college credits in a language to meet state university preparation requirements.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Electronic Spreadsheets & Graphics||3|
|Multimedia for the Web||3|
|Web Programming I||3|
|Principles of Marketing||3|
|Principles of Accounting I||4|
|Principles of Accounting II||4|
|Secondary Language: Select a minimum of one course from the following:|
|Advanced Web Techniques (ASP, VBScript/Java Script)||3|
|Visual Basic Programming||4|
|Fundamentals of Programming I C++||4|
|Java Programming II||4|
Updated: si 6/30/15