Computer Specialist, A.A.S.
|Locations: Worthington.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
The Computer Specialist A.A.S. Degree provides the student with a career entry employment opportunity for a wide variety of employers including manufacturers, data processing companies, banks, insurance companies, bookkeeping companies and departments, medical facilities, and government agencies. The program is designed to be heavily dependent on technology as a method of course delivery, communications, and student learning.
To complete the degree students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of 60 credits, 20 of which must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- A minimum of 20 credits from the four general education categories listed below:
- A minimum of 30 credits in career courses (see table below).
- Electives sufficient to total 60 credits.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Introduction to Microcomputers||3|
|Advanced Microcomputer Applications||3|
|Visual BASIC Programming||4|
|Technology Capstone Seminar||1|
|13 credits of Electives from the following:|
|Introduction to Business||4|
|Intro Management Information Systems||3|
|Principles of Management||3|
|Web Programming I||3|
|Fundamentals of Programming I||4|
|Fundamentals of Programming II||4|
|Java Programming I||4|
|Java Programming II||4|
Updated: si 5/12/11