Computer Networking Specialist, A.S.
|Locations: Worthington.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
The Networking Specialist AS program is designed to provide students with specialized skills in Microsoft technologies including preparedness for the MCSE Microsoft certification exams. Students will also gain knowledge in programming languages used in local and wide area networking. Upon completion, students will be competitive candidates to enter the information technology (IT) job market or optionally transfer to Colorado Technical University, Sioux Falls, SD, to complete the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) degree.
To complete the degree students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of 60 credits of which at least 20 must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.'
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- Computer Division Requirements: 9 credits
- A minimum of 24 credits from the four general education categories listed below:
- Fulfill at least a 30 credit core of technical courses. NOTE: 3 credits from Item #3. CSCI 1102 required, and additional 27 credits from the table below.
- World Language - Students who did not take two years of a world language in high school may need one year of college credits in a language to meet state university preparation requirements.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Windows Client/Server Administration||4|
|Microsoft Exchange Server||3|
|Windows Network Infrastructure I||3|
|Windows Network Infrastructure II||3|
|Windows Directory Service Infrastructure||3|
|Windows Network Security||3|
|Visual Basic Programming||4|
|Java Programming I||4|
Updated: si 2/26/14