Computer Applied Technology, A.S.
|Locations: Worthington.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
The completion of the Computer Applied Technology Degree offers the student an opportunity to transfer into several articulated Baccalaureate programs. While students concentrate on an area of study in computer science, they are assured that after completion of this degree, they are employable in many technical and business settings, including manufacturing companies, data processing firms, software development companies, banks, insurance companies, government agencies, colleges and universities. The degree is heavily dependent upon technology based course offerings. To complete the degree students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of 60 credits of which at least 20 must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- Computer Division Requirements: 9 credits
- A minimum of 24 credits from the four general education categories listed below:
- Fulfill at least a 30 credit core of technical courses. NOTE: 3 credits from Item #3. CSCI 1102 required, and additional 27 credits from the table below.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Advanced Microcomputer Applications||3|
|Spreadsheets & Graphics||3|
|Visual Basic Programming||4|
|Technology Capstone Seminar||1|
|Introduction to Business||4|
|Principles of Accounting I||4|
|Fundamentals of Programming I OR||4|
|Java Programming II||4|
Updated: jg 4/1/05