Business Management, A.S.
|Locations: Worthington and Online.||Links to:
Printer friendly version
This degree is designed for students planning to enter the job market after completion of the program or to continue their education in four-year colleges. It prepares students for entry-level positions in offices, private industry, civil service, and a variety of business fields. The following are the requirements for attaining a degree in this area. (A course in keyboarding and/or keyboarding proficiency is strongly recommended). To complete the degree students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a minimum of 60 credits of which at least 15 must be earned at Minnesota West Community & Technical College.
- A grade point average of 2.0 ("C") or better.
- Meet the minimum of 30 credits of general education as required by the A.S. degree.
|COURSE #||COURSE TITLE||CREDITS|
|Introduction to Business||4|
|Principles of Accounting I||4|
|Principles of Accounting II||4|
|Principles of Management||3|
|Principles of Marketing||3|
||Choose a minimum of 12 electives credits from the following:|
|Human Resource Mgmt.||3|
|ECON 2202||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
Notes: *Transfer with validation by the receiving institutions: Methods of validation:
- Institutions have the option of course validation or
- Students can "test out" by exam or may receive "deferred credit" by successful completion of one specified advanced course in the program at the receiving institution. The total number of program credits required shall not exceed that for students who entered the institution as first year students.
Updated: si 6/30/15