Curriculum Development Manual
New Courses and Course Modification
Faculty may make routine changes to course syllabi that do not affect course objective without approval of the curriculum committee. Such changes may include:
- Changes in textbook/references
- Instructor/classroom policies
- Course requirements/Student evaluation
Changes that Require Formal Curriculum Action:
Faculty must submit the following changes, using information and forms found in this Curriculum Development Manual:
- Change in current course objectives greater than 20% may result in a course modification or development of a new course.
- Change in course number, number of credits, name, description or focus.
- Change in general education status of a Minnesota Transfer Curriculum course.
- Course retirements.
All new course proposals require submission of Packet A and supporting materials to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council.