Curriculum Development Manual
Local Curriculum Committee Responsibilites
Campus Curriculum Comittee Function
To approve or disapprove proposed curricular changes. (If a campus curriculum committee disapproves a proposed curricular change, it will not progress to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council for further consideration).
Campus Curriculum Committee Responsibilities
The charge of the campus curriculum committee is to discern which curricular issues and/or action items to be forwarded to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council. This means that members of this committee must be capable of a non-partisan view of the “big picture” and individual departmental/division curricular needs. The structure of the local committees may vary by campus, but division chairs must serve..
- To determine which departments/divisions would be affected by the proposed change(s) and, therefore, who would need to sign off on the proposal before it goes to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council.
- To provide support and assistance to individual faculty members making curricular changes.
- To expedite the processing of curricular changes that need to be submitted to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council. To be included on the agenda for a Academic Affairs and Standards Council meeting, agenda items and supporting materials must be submitted to the Academic Affairs and Standards Council chair at least 7 days prior to the next scheduled meeting. This is to allow time for duplication, distribution, and “digestion” by the committee members.
- To communicate actions of the Academic Affairs and Standards Council at the local level.
- To carefully consider the academic integrity of all proposals which come before the committee.