Minnesota West's Law Enforcement programs are Minnesota Board of Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) approved degree programs which will qualify students for licensing as a law enforcement officer in the state of Minnesota upon completion of their degree.
The degree programs are designed to meet the Minnesota State colleges and universities transfer pathways to allow full degree credit transfer to State Universities.
Focusing on modern 21st Century educational and hands-on training, our program will prepare students for the demands of today’s law enforcement careers. We have dedicated facilities for the program with several state of the art training systems including the MILO range and Zuercher Computer CAD system. We work in conjunction with Worthington Police Department and Nobles County Sheriff Office using their training facililties.
View Law Enforcement Video.
- are student-centered with small class sizes.
- allow for individualized attention throughout the program.
- involve students in the college and the community.
- work with area law enforcement agencies.
Our program instructors are experienced law enforcement officers who have taught in the field and are recognized experts in the areas that they teach:
- Ronald Schwint, M.A. (Ret. Sgt. with the Sioux Falls Police Department), Trainer for ASP
- Mike Cumiskey, M.A. (Ret. Chief of the Worthington Police Department)
Students have the option to pursue different degree programs to meet their goals and career paths:
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree
Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree
Associate of Arts (A.A.) Degree