search search close close


Transfer Student Admission

If you have previously attended a college or university, follow these instructions.

  1. Review the Transfer Action Plan to help with the transfer process.

  2. Complete the Minnesota West online application for admission.

  3. Submit the $20 non-refundable application fee online as part of the application or mail  to one of our admissions staff.

  4. Request that your high school forward an official copy of your transcript or GED to the admissions staff at Worthington. For your convenience, you may print the High School Transcript Release Form to take/send to your high school.

  5. Contact the college(s) you attended previously and have them mail an official college transcript(s) to the admissions staff at the Worthington campus. If you previously attended an institution that is part of Minnesota State colleges and universities, you may not need to request a transcript. If you apply online, you will be notified immediately if you need to request your own transcript manually.

  6. If you complete additional credits after applying for admission, you will need to contact your transfer institution and request that a final official transcript be mailed to Minnesota West in order for those credits to be evaluated. If the school was a part of Minnesota State, please notify the Minnesota West admissions office to pull a new eTranscript for you.

  7. Schedule an appointment with a campus advisor who will evaluate your transcript(s) to determine which courses will transfer to Minnesota West. The counselor will advise and assist you in registering for classes.

  8. Complete the accuplacer assessment test. If you have previously completed coursework requiring reading, completed college-level advanced math and /or English composition, you should ask a counselor if you are exempt from the assessment test.

  9. Taking Advising & Registration for transfer students is recommended. The counselor will provide you with a schedule of orientation sessions.
  10. Before you are admitted, you must submit the required immunization form. All students born after 1956 are required by Minnesota Law to provide proof that they have been vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella. If you are enrolled in a totally online program/degree, you should contact your online advisor to see if you need to complete this form.

Optional Form:
The College provides several support services to help students succeed. In addition to providing accommodations for disabilities, available services include tutoring, help with study skills, computer assistance, and more. If you believe you could profit from such services, complete the support services form and return it to your campus student services office.

Contact the Admissions Office at Ask JAY or our Communication Center at 800-658-2330.